Traffic Signals in india.........solves the purpose?

I wonder so many times while crossing the road near the signal.. Do people really give heeds to signals? Today morning i was waiting to cross the road. The pedestrian signal was green, yet i couldnt cross the road, coz the vehicles were rushing. I dint wanna take a chance, coz was high for me, than them . I was waiting for the next turn. When the pedestrain signals were red, i saw few road users crossing the road.
Everyday, when i cross road, i ensure the pedestrain signal is green and cross. There are few pedestrains who cross the signal, even if its red. When there is no vehicle approaching the signal, they tend to cross the road. Why cant these people wait??? They have their time to cross the road. Whenever, i tend to follow road rules, people treat me like a weirdo. They see me, as if am from an alien land. When they dont give a damn to traffic rules, i dont give a damn to them . I try to follow rules as much as possible except few circumstances. I was caught by the cops once to riding along a one way road. Though i had great chances to escape from his sight, I dint. This might sound a little too much. Yes, I voluntarily paid fine coz i did a mistake. This is a point for me to realise the mistake i did. Be a responsible citizen before pointing fingers at others....

0 comments: