Ni Rombha padicha seri varathu!!!

My parents always had a very strong confidence on me with respect to my acads. No matter how playful am, no matter how notorious, they know that i allocate needed time for studies. This was indeed happening to me only till about 9th std. After i came to 10th class where i have to face my board exams, they started showing a lill concern. Constant pampering, irritating advises all of a sudden, bugged me. Initially, i got a lill irritated, later never gave heeds to what they said and started moving on. I am basically a person who never cares what others say and i will achieve when it is needed for me. Be it sports or anything for that matter. Even while going for shuttle matches, i decide whether i have to win or lose. If i dont have the passion to win, i just give a damn to it no matter how much people elucidate the importance.


I never scored big in my 10th board exams. Just scored 84% with some constant attempt for last 10 days during my study holls. I was bold and clever enough to omit a unit in physics and also in chemistry. I never studied geography till my study holls. It was during that period, i realised geography portion was mammoth sized.


My parents judged my effort in the beginning stage itself. My father's instincts were quite strong and said i would score somewhere around 70%. At one point, stopped bothering me coz they realised no matter how much they insist, i wont listen. They were quite overwhelmed when my dad's friend said i have scored well.. Till then they werent even ready to believe that i scored 84%. Seeking admissions in a better school was a cake walk.


My 11th grade went off well with lots of sports and fun. Ofcourse i fell sick after a trip to bangalore for which i dint attend 60 days :P and yet i managed to scrap thro' 11th local board exams.


My mother advised me to take 12th std seriously. Ok, i really dint realise this coz of her advise, but on the note of personal satisfaction i started opening my books in the early stage. No matter how hard i tried, i never scored well. I really got pissed coz for the effort i put, it was really annoying to see such low scores. Infact i scored better in my 11th grade. I was screwing up my models as well. Then came the board exams. The English papers, language papers as usual went on well coz there was no need to break my head with concepts. I was left free to crap stuff on my own words.


The day arrived, i was facing physics the first main subject. Dint really put in lots of effort, i faired out well. Scored about 195. The two days leave given to me was fully utilised for everything except studying.


Next came chemistry and as usual i did the same thing which i did for physics as well. The ever dreading subject mathematics was one of the biggest night mares for me coz i was and i am very famous for silly mistakes like 2+5 = 6. I was breaking my head for 3 days. Wrote the exam. Results proved that it is surely not good if i study hard. Believe me, i scored 195 in physics, 199 in chemistry and just 180 in mathematics after having loaded the entire effort on it.


So now, my mom has started having a perception that if i work hard, i lose. She often says..Dont study too much, you wont fair well. 4 years of engineering went on like this. When my parents ask me you have nothing to do? i just say, mom trust me. Never favour when i study too much. Now, i am gonna take up my GRE. After seeing the consistant effort i put, my mom has started advising against studying too much. When i was into a conversation with my friend about quants and verbal, all of a sudden my mom says "Ava romba padicha, romba kevalama perform pannara pa". hehehe..Funny isnt it?? She says dont react too much and write what you know. "ni romba padicha seri pattu varathu, therinjatha poi ezhudhu superA mark varum"...Is tat some kinda moral booster???am perplexed.

0 comments: