Enna koduma sir ithu!!!!!

Yesterday, around 9am i started from home, the sun was shining bright up in the sky and no signs of rain, as a result, I left my umbrella at home. Just another day i thought and was travellin in a bus to office. Everything was perfect till 12noon, after that, the sky got a lill dark and it was getting darker in the afternoon. I just peeped out of the window to see that the raindrops were pretty big and the drizzle was more than a drizzle. All of sudden, it started pouring like someone was pouring water from heaven with a huge bucket. After 5 minutes, i could find streams on the road and knee deep water gushing all over.


I took special permission from my manager to leave early as i found no signs of the rain stopping. I took my office umbrella, walked to bus stop. To my horror, there was so much of crowd and the whole place was marooned. I was standing on the pavement and knee deep water just before the pavement. With a great difficulty, I caught a deluxe bus. Usually, I wait for a long time to catch a bus that is least crowded. But having seen the traffic scenario yesterday, I know I will not get a least crowded bus and if i wait, i will have to keep waiting. Atleast I was happy that i got into a deluxe bus, where the crowd was manageable.


I was not lucky enough to catch a seat. So many anxious and worried faces around me, calling up their loved ones and I, just called up my Dad and said "dad, I don’t know when I will reach home, ask amma to be cool". People gave a weird look. The bus was moving from bumper to bumper. With great difficulty, managed to cross koyembedu round about signal after 2hrs of expedition on the road(pity the bus driver). I totally lost my patience, as i was suffocating inside due to lack of oxygen.


I got off the bus, managed to catch an auto. He asked 80 bucks from koyembedu to kodambakkam. I was happy. I nodded, got into an auto and asked him to take a viable route that can reach me home faster. He took a left turn near Arumbakkam, took some kutti sandhu and finally he stopped infront of my house. I paid him 10 bucks extra for his extraordinary riding skills and presence of mind, otherwise I would have got stuck in vadapalani signal.. The situation was actually worse coz it was a friday evening + diwali time + heavy thunder showers. Ah, I was bloody damn hungry when i reached home. My mother had made appalam and rasam for me specially. I ate like a glutton, slept like a baby. Ofcourse, I was stuck in the same place today morning also. But it was not as bad as yesterday.

0 comments: