We all will become aged one day

I witnessed a pathetic scene few days before in a crowded bus stop... An old lady was deserted by her relatives just because she is OLD...the scene left me shattered for days...



I couldnt resist myself when i saw a very old lady crying in the bus stop that she was being deserted by her relatives coz she is old. I could see the fear of being alone in her eyes. She could hardly walk properly. She must be 75 years old. Finally, when i wanted to complain to the local police station, a lady police present in the scene cajoled that old woman and took her along with her to the nearest station. Her lamentations are still ringing in my ears "My son left me here, my son left me here"



Why is it so bitter to keep elders after realising the fact that they can no more be a use to anyone?

Its happening with everybody. Leave educated, uneducated. Everybody is doing the same mistake.

Imagine our plight when we grow old? Despite of all earnings and savings, we will be left alone. If we dont follow the legacy of keeping our parents?how'll our kids do???

Isolation is the worst punishment given to an individual. Never allow it to happen in your case as well.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yous last line just hits it across perfectly... Very true.. :)

Deep(a) Insights said...

hmmm last line is very much true

Anonymous said...

By the way, forgot to say this.. Please dont stop blogging :) Its nice to read your entries.. its very natural. Thanks!

Deep(a) Insights said...

thanks sudhir...am trying my level best to post a topic every week..

Ramani... said...

Your words are very true... Person, who dosent take care of his parents, has no right to be there in this universe... I actually love my Mom for this... She has taken care of almost 4 elderly relatives (not only her Mother in Law who always find fault and even her sister since she dosent have any children) with all smiles... Even when the situation in our family is not good financially...

Even I have seen many elderly persons like this... That makes my eyes wet!!!...

Deep(a) Insights said...

ramani i know how it feels.My grandparents are wit us from the beginning. Though our social status was bad, we managed to take care of them. My father's bros though being rich cared a damn abt their parents. They were behind my grandparent's money rather.