Is it Dupatta Dupatta?????Nope

This blog is about an incident that happened 10 yrs ago, when I was in Coimbatore. Me and my mom traveled to the so called TOWN (nothing but heart of the city). We went to a place called sungam. This place was about 20km away from my house and we had to take two buses to hit the destination.

On our way back home, there was a big fire accident in a famous cloth showroom. This place was the shopping hub of Coimbatore (most crowded place in Coimbatore) jus like Usman Road in Chennai. We had to catch the second bus to reach our home from this place. There was a big traffic jam and buses were moving on the road inch by inch. I was losing my patience coz we couldn’t find a single bus to our home. Finally a private bus named S14 (I guess, not sure). The bus was damn crowded. I hesitated a lot but I cajoled myself by seeing my watch. It was 9PM. I was very hungry and my stomach started to secrete acids. There was a huge advantage in Coimbatore buses. Unlike the buses in Chennai, first half of the bus will be always occupied by ladies. They have to climb the stairs in the front and climb down from the same side. Second half will be occupied by gents. So scope of irritation is always minimal except for few country ladies fighting for seats. One horrifying thing is, if you happen to stamp on the feet of these ladies, they abusively drag your entire family into the issue. So you gotto be careful and watch out every step.

I and my mom somehow managed to find a place to accompany our feet in the bus. There was a lot of pulling and pushing, yet there was one thing that kept me calm and submissive, my hunger (no strength to retaliate).

The bus came to a halt in a stopping called sundaikkamuthur(name sounds weird, isn’t it?). There were men hanging from the foot board coz they dint have place inside the bus. A man was getting into the bus and simultaneously a girl was climbing down the bus. She was wearing a salwar with white dupatta. While climbing down, her dupatta got stuck in the crowd and with great effort she had to pull it out. Finally, she got her dupatta, putting it back on her shoulders she walked into the darkness (no street light. don’t think that she was some kind of a ghost). Suddenly we heard a voice, “EN VAETI EN VAETI, AIYO EN VAETI”. Amma and I peeped out to see a man sans his dhoti. Guess wat happened? The girl had actually pulled out the dhoti of this man and walked away thinking that it was her dupatta. We couldn’t control ourselves. One way I was feeling sad for the man and other way…oh my god wat to do? Human tendency. Thank god he wore his patta patti undies….otherwise manathuku no guarantee.

One of the passengers searched for the girl. Fortunately found the girl and she came back to get her dupatta and give back his dhoti back. She had no slightest mark of embarrassment on her face. She casually gave it to him, said a SORRY and walked away.

This one another hilarious incident from my past…..

2 comments:

Deepthi said...

soooooooooooooper :) !!! i laughed my head off !

Coolcoffee said...

Really laughed a lot....Keep Writting....My Best wishes