Budding Software Engineer

I was once out with my friends to the busy beach bessie. This meeting was organised almost after an year.
I have been to the beach a lot of times, but this day it was so special. I met a small kid selling Sundal and Muruku. It happened to be a saturday evening, the beach was busy,people hardly gave any heeds to this small boy. I could see agony encumbering him, but still found the determination in him.
I called for the small fellow. I asked him why he was selling sundal at this age instead of studying? He replied that he was studying in a government school and he sells sundal only on weekends. That sounded pretty interesting, because he dint waste his glorious childhood days selling sundal.He even added that his father is no more so his mom sells sundals on weekdays and he does it on weekends to make both ends meet.
I became even more curious and asked him about all his details. We also threatened him not to lie and said that we would surely cross verify. He gave us the entire details. The small boy kept talkin to us about his favourite subject.Infact we also questioned him to check the credibility and reliability of his information. He was perfect and upto the standard.
I really felt to happy for having met a kid like him. To much of my surprise, the boy said he would like to become a Software Engineer in future. I was seriously stunned to hear his ambition because there are people who still lacks the knowledge about the advent of Information Tech in the world. I was agaped when the small fellow dwelling in slum says he wants to become a software engineer, i, that moment felt"India is really Shinning".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post this one :) I think there are a million other kids like him who actually do some real hard work in their life, right from a young age..I still remember kids from a neighboring village at my native place who used to play after school and and during weekends, with me and my friends who were from atleast middle class families..it used to be so surprising sometimes to hear them speak about different things, though they dont go to school or dont have the opportunity to go to school for long..wonder how they get information and even more surprising is the fact that unlike our opinion, these kids are actually well informed about the day to day realities in life and they always keep their feet down on earth no matter what..unlike some of the kiddo population in the major cities and towns..Imagine this - what would the Indian society be like if only kids like this sundal guy were given an opportunity to go to school, say atleast till standard 5 ot standard 10!!! Phheeww..guess it would be a lot better place to live in I guess..Infact, after being away from home for 8 years now, and not going to India/Chennai for 3 years now, I just cant wait to take my holidays this year finally and head back to good old chennai.. sometimes we go forget what life is all about you see :) and I want to feel the normal reality back home!!

Deep(a) Insights said...

thanks sudhir...infact my servant maid struggled hard to bring her children up in life..now she owns an apartment worth 40lakhs in chennai..her kids gifted her.one person works in hyundai,other tvs and last kid works in hcl..onsite to US..believe me,they were from below poverty line